Pork Dumpling Soup
This is an Asian inspired soup that is hearty on a cold day
Write a review
- 1Lb pork tenderloin chopped into small squares
- 1 teapsoon crushed garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste(lite, you will re season before serving)
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tin baby corn peices
- ½ cup thinly slice. On the diagonal, celery
- 1 cup sno peas
- ¼ cup cut on the diagonal green onions
- ¼ cup quartered fresh brown mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon softened butter
- 4 tablespoons hot milk
- In a medium sauce pan, saute your pork cubes in oil until golden brown.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Add in your onions and saute until clear.
- Add in your garlic stir together and add in your water.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for half an hour.
- Add in your carrots, celery and baby corn.
- Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and sno peas let simmer five minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Drop in your dumplings, (I like smaller ones in this, so a heaping teaspoon) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Toss in your green onions and cover and remove from heat, serve.
- Mix ingredients together and place small spoonfuls on top of your simmering soup, cover. Turn heat low
- You may also use a white bread dough for dumplings as well, which you can pick up in most super markets in the frozen isle.
- I would serve this with a salad for a great full meal or as is for a lighter meal…. Great on a cold day.
Mr Moms World Speaks http://mrmomsworldspeaks.com/